Universal Studios Singapore on 3rd December launched the world’s first theme park attraction based on Hasbro’s iconic TRANSFORMERS brand. Taking the Transformers movie franchise from reel to reality, this motion thrill ride showcases the most advanced evolution of immersive theme park entertainment. The breakthrough attraction features 12 scenes, comprising sets blended seamlessly with hyper-realistic 3D digital media and special effects to bring tactile realism to every moment; the inability to discern illusion from reality as guests get transported on-board advanced motion-based ride vehicles into the Transformers universe, and partake in the ultimate 3D battle against the Decepticons right alongside the Autobots.
For more info and updates: visit blog dedicated to everything Transformers The Ride
Guests are placed in the very centre of the TRANSFORMERS universe right from the pre-show queue, where they become recruits of NEST — a military command and control bunker created by humans and AUTOBOTS to protect Earth from the DECEPTICONS. As the new recruits are getting their orientation, Decepticons attack NEST to steal the ultimate power source: the ALLSPARK.
TRANSFORMERS, the first in the film’s trilogy, debuted in 2007 and garnered three Academy Award nominations. The first sequel, TRANSFORMERS: Revenge of the Fallen, opened in 2009 and earned an Academy Award nomination. The third in the franchise, TRANSFORMERS: Dark of the Moon, opened on 29th June 2011 with stellar box office results worldwide. The three TRANSFORMERS films were directed and jointly executive produced by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg, and released by Paramount Pictures. Spielberg also serves as creative consultant to Universal Studios Singapore.
- TRANSFORMERS The Ride has been installed in a two-storey building within Sci-Fi City. The Sci-Fi City zone is also home to another thrilling attraction, Battlestar Galactica — the world’s tallest duelling roller coasters.
- The TRANSFORMERS ride vehicle is a roving motion simulator that transports guests past huge photo-realistic projection screens, theatrical scenery, physical special effects and a dynamic sound track to create the ultimate virtual reality experience.
- The ride experience lasts approximately four minutes, but the intensity of the experience makes it seem MUCH longer.
- The ride took nearly four years to design, engineer and produce.
- EVAC can transform into three modes: street vehicle, hybrid battle vehicle, and robot.
- The ride vehicle is a new AUTOBOT stationed on Earth, and his specialty is transporting personnel and classified materials at hyper speeds.
- There are 12 scenes in the main show (for a review of each of the scenes by Los Angeles Times).
- The show features a total of eleven Transformers characters — four Autobots and seven Decepticons. They are: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Wheelie as well as Megatron, Ravage, Sideways, Grindor, Devaastator, Bonecrusher and Starscream.