It was our first visit to Bali (many friends have been there countless times before us) and equally first experience with Balinese food. We did no homework about where to visit and neither did we consult friends on their recommendation of places we should visit. A friend had given me the contact of a driver (Adi) when he visited earlier for the Maybank Bali Marathon 2016 and Adi came highly recommended.
Essentially, Adi doubled as our guide the entire time we were still in Brunei. He proposed an four day itinerary for us to consider. Over the next forty eight hours, I filtered the places of interests through TripAdvisor, see what contributors had to say about their stay and experience and basically reworked the finally itinerary that way. Choice of accommodation was our own (recommended by a friend who had stayed there previously).
If you’re visiting Bali for the first time and have reached this page looking for ideas, our itinerary may be a good start to build yours. What did we think of Bali? We enjoyed our stay very much and hope to visit it again some day!
28 Nov 2016
– Pura Tirta Empul Tampaksiring Temple
– Lunch: Batur Sari, Kintamani
(view of active volcano Mount Batur)
– Tegalalang Rice Terrace, Ubud
– Dinner: Bubba Gump Kuta Bali
29 Nov 2016
– Bali Eco Tours Ubud (MTB road cycling)
– Lunch: Surya Rumah Makan Tampaksiring
– Dinner: Bawang Merah Beachfront Restaurant, Jimbaran
30 Nov 2016
– Wake Bali Adventure ATV
– Lunch: Warung Babi Guling Chandra
– Tanah Lot Bali Temple
– Dinner: Jamie’s Italian Bali Kuta
1 Dec 2016
– Bali Spirulina Farm
– Lunch: Made’s Warung Kuta
– Pandawa Marine Adventures (Marine Walk and Parasailing)
– Dinner: Lesica Resto & Kartel Resto